Thursday, March 1, 2012

Having a hard time

It's past midnight, and I should be in bed sleeping, but I decided that I'd better make an update on my blog.
In the past, I have been awfully bad at updating my blogs at a regular basis, in fact I was hardly updating anything at all..
I know a blog without posts is really boring and nobody would like to follow a blog where nothing ever happens, am I right?
So here I am, in the late hours of the night, writing.

Lately, because of my period, I've found that I have a spine like a worm, meaning I have been having a hard time staying away from sweets. Truth be told, I had every intention of staying below the 1100 kalories a day that I am allowed to eat, so that I had a chance of loosing the last few kilos. Alas, I have not been able to control myself.
I find myself more attracted to sweets, when I have my period, I wonder if there is some sort of connection?
I don't dare step onto the scale, I am afraid of the result.
This past few days have gone totally out of hand, I've had brunch, and 3 course dinner. I went to the cinema and ate popcorn and 110 grams of mixed candy. I HAVE been out training yesterday, spinning for 1h20m and it was really tough. But then I had pancakes..
Today at work, someone had brought cake, and I couldn't help myself, I just HAD to taste it..I only took a small piece, but damn..I know I shouldn't have.
Changing my lifestyle is not yet complete, as you can see. I have a long way to go.

I go to the gym on a regular basis, I do spinning, Thai-bo and some tightening up exercises as well. I go for walks with my boyfriend, and I try to stand up all day at work. But when it comes to food, sure I am eating vegetables like never before, and I am probably healthier now than I have ever been in my entire life.
So what seems to be the problem? Well, for starters I do miss eating pasta, bread and potatoes in paticular. And then there's the cakes, danish, and candy, that I really miss sometimes. The craving eased up a while back, but whenever I go into my period, I go into an all candy/cake/ice-cream craving mode. It's actually awful. I can't control myself. No matter how much I try, if you put something delicious looking candy or cake in front of me, I'm going to eat it, even though I know I shouldn't do so.

In these situations, I tend to ask myself one question, "was it worth the calories", and if I can answer yes, without having to think twice, I have decided to feel content about it, and just enjoy that I had something tasty.,(Instead of beating myself on the head with something heavy) which makes this whole "loosing weight" business a lot easier. I have stopped eating things that I feel, gives me little or no pleasure for the calories. If it's not tasty enough, I can actually stop myself, by saying "it's really not worth the calories, you'd better not eat that".
So the past week has been kind of bad, according to my weight-loss plan, but according to enjoying life, it's been quite good.

I am still doing my exercises, and I feel good about myself, so I don't think I have to worry all that much..
at least not yet ;)
Tomorrow is yet another day, and I will do my best to enjoy life, and stay healthy.

Over and out, goodnight.

No comments: